Where Are We Board- Inspired by Miss Kindergarten

First and foremost, do you follow Miss Kindergarten? If you answered no, you need to leave my blog. Right now. Go visit her blog, follow her, and then hopefully you remember to come back and finish reading my blog post too!


Since I am transitioning to a full day pre-k classroom in September, we will actually be going places; i.e. the cafeteria, recess, etc. my mental to-do list has included creating something to fit this bill all summer. Then Hadar, at Miss Kindergarten shared the board SHE made, along with the location cards, SHE made.

Click the link for her blog to purchase these cards at TN or TPT
[Hadar, I hope you don't mind me stealing your pictures!]

I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I immediately went to TN [so she could get 100% of the purchase] and purchased her location cards for $3.00 [why reinvent the wheel, right?]

I slept on the idea & then decided to give my own twist to her board. I decided to use magnets and a .92 cent cookie sheet from Walmart. Yes. .92 cents! That's cheaper than the Dollar Tree! [woo-hoo, I can do math!]

Here were my supplies. I clearly still had to make some choices after I took this picture.


I spray painted my cookie sheet with white Dual spray paint [primer & paint one!] Once dried, I got right down to business--very eager over here.


I am in love with how it turned out! I cannot wait to display this outside of my classroom! I wouldn't be writing this post if it wasn't for Hadar's inspiration! Her cards are so darling & I made a "Where Are We" header to match perfectly for my board!

I am kinda bummed that I scratched my paint on the bottom. :( I thought I had an idea for storing the extra cards and when I tried it out I scratched the paint. [yes, that means it didn't work]--so I need to touch that up & clearly spray a protective seal coat!

I'm gonna jump on the opportunity to link my board up to 4th Grade Frolic's Made it Monday!