Cupcake Fun! **UPDATED** with final product picture!

Last week we did a birthday theme. Last year I brought in cupcakes for the kids to decorate themselves. They LOVED it! I did it again this year. I always expect 3, 4, & 5 yr olds to go nuts when given free access to icing and sprinkles. Well I had tons of extra icing and sprinkles! They all decorated their cupcakes so nicely!

Spreading the icing on is great fine motor practice!

Of course our hands got a little messy, but, do we lick them?! NOOOO. :)

We also read "If you Give a Cat a Cupcake" and made cupcake pictures after reading. We got to pick out the color for our cupcakes, add "sprinkles", and a "cherry". Maybe next time I'll pick different colors for the cupcake tops. My students didn't hesitate to tell me that they looked like ice cream. Thanks, guys. Thanks.


...turns out I only took a picture of us gluing on the bottoms! boo! I'll try & remember to take a picture of our finished products!

**UPDATE: here is the added photo of our finished cupcakes!

 

I thoroughly enjoyed my day off and having a 3 day weekend. A big thanks goes out to all of those who have, and continue to protect our country each and every day!

Personally, I think work morale across all professions would be boosted if we had a 3 day weekend and 4 day work week every week! Agree?