Let Me Explain..

First, our student's last day was on Friday!! Woo hoo! I am 2 1/2 days away from having completed my second year of teaching! I love the last day. The "send off" is always a perfect closing to the end of the year. Maybe your school does this too. All of the teachers & staff stay on the bus platform and wave as the school busses lay on their horns all the way out of the parking lot. It's too cute, I love it!


Okay..now on to business. I hinted with a photo about the upcoming changes coming my way. Yes, I will be teaching students with autism, which I have done in the past, however, this is going to be much different. Our Early Childhood Program is set up so that students come either 2 1/2 days, 3 1/2 days, 4 1/2 days, or 4 full days. It all depends on their needs. Next year I am going to be the teacher for the 4 full day classroom. I will be meeting the needs of the students in our program with autism or severe disabilities. I will have less students, but, much more involved students. I will still be teaching 3 & 4 year olds. I am excited about this new adventure, but nervous, because, well, it's NEW! I've already received lots of positive comments on my first post, but I am more than open to any success stories, or suggestions to try in the classroom that have worked for you! 

I hope you still plan on sticking around this blog even though my "student population" is changing. I hope to still be offering just as many great teaching resources!