{FREEBIE} - Color Word Labels

So, I was actually inspired to make this freebie thanks to my disaster of a crafting area. So much a disaster, that I can't even imagine sharing an image with you. But, I can imagine sharing some organization ideas with you! First things first. You are going to need to keep your eyes PEELED on your next several thrift store/yard sale adventures. 

Some time ago my mom purchased these old Jelly Belly containers and they are perfect for organizing. They weren't being used, so I decided to clean them up, remove their labels and use them for some organization in my craft area. My fingers were a little sore after scrapping all of these labels off with a razor blade, but it was well worth the trouble.

You can see some of the mess in the background. The drafting table has turned into a catch all!


I am using them to organize my markers, sharpies, color pencils, crayons, etc all by color, rather than having different containers of this and that all over the place. I made some cute color labels for the handles, and voila! New organization! 

Please excuse the lovely basement back drop! :)

I made the color labels with the chevron circles by Erin Bradley, that you can purchase from her site by clicking here. OR you can download my color labels as a {freebie} by clicking here!

I thought this was an idea you could use in your own crafting area, or even in your classroom. I'd love to know how you plan on using the labels if you grab this freebie!


I laminated my circles and then attached them to the handles with velcro dots. This way, it will be simple if I ever decide to change the labels on the containers. I also combined my black & gray together, but the label pack does include them separate!

And fortunately, I don't think I'm too late to link up with Monday Made It at 4th Grade Frolics! I feel like I've been waiting all summer to join this linky party! :)