How to organize those pesky calendar pieces!

Before I get into my excellent organization idea, I just need to show you what is happening outside of my front door.


Yes, that's snow. No, that's not a lot of snow, but it's still snowing and I don't need a lot of snow to be excited. It doesn't take much for us to get a weather delay OR the day off. It's been snowing since 1:30pm, but didn't start sticking until around 4pm. That probably has something to do with the fact that it was in the lower 60's this weekend and the ground is warm.

60's one day & then snow the next? Yeah, that's actually not odd around here. In case you're unaware, I live in Delaware. You know, a tiny state on that little thing that just hangs off the United States like it's earring, or a booger in it's nose. Take your pick. (no pun intended) Either way, we get crazy weather & we can't handle snow. I'll keep you posted about my day tomorrow! :)

Back to the point of this post. How do I organize those dang calendar pieces that are spilling all over my bulletin board drawer?!

This is how mine looked:


They get shoved to the back and they fall out of the bags and I'm constantly sticking them back in the bags. This had to stop. Insert nifty organizer purchased at Staples.


It already has 12 sections & came with labels so I could label each one by each month. It cost about $7, so not too bad. I re-bagged some of my pieces so they were all in zip locks. Put them behind each month.


I also have two solid color sets just in the front. No I can't fit this flat in my drawer, but I have storage space by my calendar in the classroom so I put it on the shelf under my calendar. Perfect, organized, and clean.